Sunday, October 9, 2016

Autumn Chores and Enjoyment

So I decided that I don't care for the term bucket list.  I was not sure if October or I was suppose to kick the bucket when the list was done?

I have worked on a few Autumn chores.  I took Mollie to the cabin this morning.  I mowed the lawn with the mulching mower.  It made confetti from the fallen autumn leaves.  We mowed until the gas ran out.  Thus preparing the mower for winter, and visiting the cabin one more time was on my October list.

For enjoyment, we took the long way home to view the golden cottonwood leaves on the trees which ring the dam.  The yellow, gold  leaves and blue water compliment each other creating seasonal beauty.

Later, I trimmed down the ferns in my mother's garden.  The garden feels a little sad this time of year.  So many of the plants have gone to seed.  The fern fronds have yellowed and browned.   The plants are becoming ready for winter.

Earlier,  I reorganized my closet, washing clothes.  I just heard the drier buzz.  Off to complete another chore.

No comments: