Sunday, October 23, 2011

Preparing

Yesterday, we harvested bushels of colorful autumn leaves.  We added them to our composite pile.

Today, we headed to the cabin to winterize it.  While Curtis drained the water out of the pipes and appliances, I mowed the lawn.  Our mower chopped the Maple and Cottonwood leaves in to small flakes of autumn confetti - mulch.

Tuesday a hard freeze is forecast.

My bookshelf is stocked with a number of books.  Cold weather is the perfect time to snuggle up with Mollie and read a good book.

2 comments:

Lorraine Young Pottery said...

Preparing for winter! I have been looking around too, thinking about what needs to be done. Have to get the drains emptied of leaves.

:-} Glad you love my Dodo cup!

xx Lorraine xx

Debra said...

Oh! I forgot that the rain gutter drains will need to be cleaned out. Thanks for the reminder.