Saturday, February 11, 2012

Small Conversations


I have often thought that the handwritten letter as my favorite form of  correspondence.  In this modern age of e-mails, telephone conversations and text messages, I still write letters.  Although, I also use all these other forms of communication.  

Members of my family and friends have travelled away from my Ogden Canyon home.  I find ways of communicating with them, checking in with them.  I enjoy any form of communication I receive, wonderful gifts of their time.

Interestingly, I find I miss those small conversations that are shared while doing the dishes, driving in the car or a small job at work.  The sharing of stories, remembering of past experiences, a shared joke.  The small conversations that don't transfer well into the written word.

1 comment:

Lorraine Young Pottery said...

My mother has the most wonderful hand writing, it is rare these days to see such.

Lorraine