Sunday, May 29, 2011

Invader of the garden kind

However unusual it is to find a dandelion in my mother's garden, yesterday we had more unusual invaders.  Oh alright it was the gardens along the roadway, but it was still unusual.  Two twenty something adults where picking her flowers, creating a huge bouquet.  We surprised them as we drove up returning from a grocery shopping trip.

Now, while I have had this happen in the gardens at the art center where I work.  At the art center it is usually children walking home from school.  In my mother's garden it is unusual.  And the excuse?  "We thought they where wildflowers."

My recommendation - plant, grow and pick your own flowers, or leave the flowers in garden for everyone to enjoy.  They will last longer in the garden than in a vase.

No comments: