Sunday, May 30, 2010

Letters are gift, or small treasures

If you have followed my notes at all, you know that I think that letters are great unexpected gifts, little treasures from friends. They are a gift of the time it took to share thoughts with another, they are to be cherished and read and most often reread.

Yesterday, I got such a lovely treasure from my niece, who has moved to California to be with her husband, who it in the Army studying language. She wrote a great description of the view from her new home, talked about exploring her new environment, and about family things that she misses. It is a perfect treasure. And I enjoyed her choice of stationary, it was a card from the Monterrey Bay Aquarium. She took the time to write and to chose a card that would be of interest to the scientific side of her aunt.

No comments: