Monday, February 6, 2017

A Memorial Celebration for my Father

On Friday, February 3, 2017, we held a memorial celebration for my father who passed away on January 6th.  He had requested that we celebrate in association with an Art Stroll.  It was a reception and stroll for the Eccles Community Art Center's 20th Statewide Photographic Competition.  This was fitting as my father was a photographer, and in the past he participated  and received awards in this competition.
For the future, we have put aside the donations given in my father's name to present a photography award in memory of my dad.
My mother, brother, niece and I were so pleased to speak with all who came to share their condolences.
A great buffet was set and enjoyed.  A beautiful arrangement of red roses and pussy willows graced the table.  It was a good party, my father would have enjoyed it.

No comments: