Sunday, January 1, 2017

Continuing

With the celebration for the coming of a new year, we often reflect back on the year passing.  Instead of making unrealistic resolutions, I have decided to continue.  Continue my enjoyment of creativity, my search for the beauty displayed around me and to take time for simple pleasures.

 My first simple pleasure for the new year,  is the placing of clean, fresh sheets on my bed.  I look forward to crawling in to them this evening at bedtime.

As for beauty, Northern Utah is plagued this time of year with temperature inversions.  Over the years, the have spread their reach farther up the canyon.  We woke this morning to weak sunlight trying to break through the fog of the temperature inversion.  But we also woke to the beauty of the trees frosted with ice crystals.

And I believe this short note may suffice as an attempt at enjoying creativity.   Although, I am ready for any other creative pursuit that may come my way, along with simple pleasures and touches of beauty.

No comments: