Sunday, February 22, 2015

Surrounded by Artists

I am always surrounded by artists.  Of course you are, you will say after I remind you that I work at an Art Center.  The month of February is always filled with artists.  It is the month that we collect work for our annual fundraising event- an Art auction.

It is almost as fun as Christmas to see the artist and the new works they bring in.  I enjoy my job and enjoy talking with these artists and I always am hopeful that we will sell their work.  The Art Center takes a commission on all works sold through the auction.

And of course, I work with artists.  The director was an award winning floral designer before he came to the center.  The curator of education is working on a master's degree in arts education.  The other day while teaching a printmaking class to teenagers, she created and printed a mermaid which she shared with me.  The newest employee is my niece.  She is a talented clay artist like her mother.  She gave us all small clay sculptures for Valentine's Day.

It is so fun to be always surrounded by artists, I recommend it.

To learn more about the Eccles Community Art Center please visit: www.ogden4arts.org

No comments: