Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Journal entry from March 2009

Walking past the snowdrop ravine, the air is perfumed with their scent- the scent of spring.  It draws the emerging honey bees to collect nectar.  The snowdrops dance on the spring breeze.  Their outer skirt of three petals spread up and out providing a glimpse of an underskirt of dotted green, edged in white lace.

Farther into the walk, we find violets in bloom at the base of a blue, limestone and cement wall, that has been warmed by the sun.  The violet's scent reminds me of perfume candies that my grandmother bought for me when I was little.  Mmm!  And, the bouquet of violets my father would give me.  Mollie and I stop to pick a bouquet.

As noted in a previous post, I again found violets blooming along the limestone/cement wall, and picked a bouquet to bring home.

No comments: